Master of Physiotherapy (Speciality – Neurological conditions, Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Language: English, Hindi, Sindhi, Marathi, and Gujrati
Ruchi can treat:
- Neurological Conditions (Stroke, Brain or Spinal Cord Injury, etc.)
- TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)
- Sports-specific conditioning & rehabilitation
- Pool therapy sessions using the Halliwick concept for patients with Neurological conditions
- Musculoskeletal & Gym related injuries
- Geriatric patients’ conditioning for independence in ADLS
- TMJ rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Pre/Post surgical conditioning
Ruchi is a qualified Physiotherapist with a Master’s degree specialising in Neurological Rehabilitation. She has over 10 years of experience running her private practice in Mumbai, India. She has worked extensively with individuals with Stroke, Parkinson’s disease, Head Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries, and various Neuromuscular diseases.
Ruchi has extensive qualifications and certifications in specialised fields.
She is certified in:
1. Manual therapy – Mulligan and McKenzie concept
2. Matwork pilates instructor
3. Dry needling and IASTM (instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilisation)
4. TRX suspension training and functional training
5. Neurodynamic stretching
6. Bobath concept for re-educating movement patterns
7. Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
8. Craniosacral therapy for stress-related migraines and headaches
9. Music therapy, Mirror therapy, and Robotic technology using Functional Electric Simulation (FES) for Stroke rehabilitation
10. Balance training
Her mantra is to help patients achieve their epitome of health, independence, and fitness to live a quality life.
Her approach toward patients is, pragmatic and using practice-based evidence in contrast to evidence-based practice, wherein her experience and expertise drive her treatment approach.
Ruchi has also taught dentists from all over South-East Asia, about TMJ management in Full Mouth Rehabilitation Courses.
She has also co-authored a chapter titled “Ergodontics” which has been published (2017) in the book “Clinical Fixed Prosthodontics” and it has been published in the Indian Dental Research and Reviews in Jan|Feb 2018 issue.